O-Block 99 Upper Ground Floor, DND Road (Amaltash Marg), Opp Ramlila Ground (Noida Stadium Gate No. 6), Sector 12 Noida 201301
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETE DENTURE PATIENTS:
First few days:
• When you start wearing dentures, they may feel loose. Until you have learned to keep them in place with the muscles of your cheeks and tongue, they may tip when you chew, allowing food or liquids to pass under them.
• No matter how thin the dentures are, they will feel bulky and irritate your tongue. Until your gums get used to supporting dentures, your mouth may feel sore. Your saliva flow may also increase temporarily.
• After a few weeks, as you get used to wearing dentures, these problems will decrease. If you continue to experience excessive soreness in any area, you should contact us.
• When you start wearing dentures, your face may seem different. Dentures may improve your appearance by changing the shape of your face and reducing facial creases.
• When you are learning to wear dentures, it is best to eat soft foods. Cut your food into small pieces and chew slowly on both sides with your back teeth to keep your dentures from tipping.
• After a few days, gradually try coarser foods until you are able to eat a more normal diet.
• Avoid eating sticky or very hard foods until you have more experience with wearing dentures. Learning to chew properly takes practice.
• Sometimes, wearing dentures makes it difficult to speak certain words. To help overcome any speech difficulties, practice reading out loud.
• If the dentures’ teeth click together when you talk, speak more slowly. Bring any problems to our attention at your check-up visits.
• At first, you may find that your dentures become loose when you laugh, cough, or even smile. To reposition them, close your teeth together gently and swallow.
WHEN TO WEAR DENTURES:
• Your dentures are intended to be worn all the times unless you are sleeping.
• Take your dentures out before going to bed at night, and wear them again in the morning.
CARING FOR YOUR MOUTH:
• Each day before inserting your dentures, brush your gums, tongue and palate with a soft-bristled brush, to remove plaque and stimulate circulation.
• For a healthy mouth clean, plaque and food deposits from your dentures daily. This also helps keep them from becoming stained.
• Dentures should be handled carefully! Dropping them even a few inches can break the denture.
• Always keep your dentures out of reach of children and pets.
• Before brushing your dentures, rinse them well to remove any food particles. Next, apply denture cleaner to a moistened brush and clean all surfaces of the dentures. Brush thoroughly but lightly. A regular soft-bristled toothbrush can be used for cleaning dentures.
• Dry dentures may change shape. When you take off your dentures, place them in a container of denture-cleaning solution or normal water.
• Do not try to adjust dentures yourself. If your dentures breaks or cracks , or if a tooth becomes loose, visit us
immediately for repair.
• We make every effort to ensure our patient’s satisfaction with the stability and retention of their new dentures. Usually, dentures require no adhesive, but the stability and retention of most dentures is enhanced with the use of a small quantity of adhesive.
• In our experience, most upper dentures DO NOT require adhesive, while most lower dentures
DO require adhesive.
LONG-TERM DENTURE SUCCESS:
• Although your dentures will keep their shape, your mouth continues to change. The bone and gums that support your dentures can recede or shrink, causing your dentures to feel loose and less stable.
• Prolonged use of ill-fitting dentures can irritate the gums, tongue and cheeks and cause the ridges of the mouth to shrink. Constant irritation can also lead to open sores and serious infections.
• To prevent or correct these problems, you should visit us regularly to determine what changes have taken place in your mouth and what should be done to correct the fit of your dentures.
• Your success in wearing dentures depends on you. With a positive attitude, persistence and regular professional care, you can become one of the millions of people who wear dentures successfully.